Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: Eight feats designed to augment the options and utility of death knights (from the Genius Guide to the Death Knight), or any death-themed combatant (characters with classes that have death in the class name, have an archetype with death, killer or slayer in the name, or that grant access to the death or repose domains or true death inquisition -- using their appropriate class levels as death knight levels for prerequisites) or character that has already taken a feat with “death” in the title (then using character level as death knight levels for prerequisites).
The eight feats included are:
- Beyond the Pale Gate: Those you kill are unlikely to return to life.
- Death Dealer: You are a master of delivering death blows.
- Death Lord: The magic powers of death respond strongly to your call.
- Death Resistance: You are resistant to the powers of death.
- Deathly Wounds: The injuries you deal cannot be easily healed.
- Grave’s Embrace: Your grasp is still and cold as the grave.
- Lingering Spirit: Killing you does not stop you.
- Reaper: You swing your weapons in great scything arcs.