Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Feats to expand the options available to machinesmiths (from Classes of NeoExodus: The Machinesmith by LPJ design), or if the machinesmith is not in use, any character with magic crafting feats and Knowledge (engineering), using their skill ranks in place of machinesmith levels for prerequisites). This is the latest in a series of products to celebrate the "Summer of Bullets" event!
The feats included are:
- Alchemical Admixture: In addition to blending magic and machine, you’ve learned to add alchemical elements to your creations.
- Behold!: The prototypes and creations you use, and your overpowering confidence in them, is impressive to behold.
- Better Than New: When you fix something, it functions better than before it broke – at least for a short time.
- Creation Focus: When you set your mind to one of your creation, you can make it work even better!
- Emergency Activation: You know how to trigger your own tools in a hurry.