Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world-building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Seven feats designed to augment the options and utility of creatures of the undead type (such as those found in Mythic Menagerie: Kingdom of Graves, but useable by a wide range of other undead), that can also just be used as additional undead powers (increasing an undead’s CR by 1 for every 2 bonus feats taken).
The feats included are:
- Disturbing Movements: The disjointed, uneven, jerky way you move strains the minds of those who see you.
- Fulminate: You explode.
- Mist Walk: You can often get ahead of your prey, even though you always seem to be walking slowly.
- Putrid Spray: When you are damaged, you spray a putrid fluid from your rotting flesh.
- Shadow Minion: You can send your shadow out to do your bidding.
- Staggering Consequences: Energy damage tends to stick to you, and harm those around you.
- Weapon Bind: Your animate corpse often catches on weapons stuck in it.